- April 2, 2020 - March 31, 2022
Complete your life skills Duke of Edinburgh requirements at home with the help of your own online tutor who will supply all of the recipes, helpful tips and support to improve your cooking, evidence sheets and guidance for 3 months until completion. You can start the course at anytime – and once you have registered, we will send you a welcome letter and a link to a folder with starter information and your first recipes.
Choose your recipe plan from our selection – street food, baking, vegan, vegetarian, popular-all-rounder…
- street food – learn to cook Thai, Chinese, Indian, Moroccan, Korean, French, American…and more! More meals less baking. Vegan and vegetarian menus available.
- cakes, cookies & baking -learn how to cook delicious cookies, traybakes, cakes and puddings….anything sweet!
- vegan – this plan takes you from baking to cooking a 3 dinner course dinner and snacks, includes delicious midweek meal ideas.
- vegetarian -lots of delicious recipes plan all plant-based from baking to cooking a 3 dinner course dinner and snacks. Includes delicious midweek meal ideas.
- the-all-rounder – this plan takes you from baking to cooking a 3 dinner course dinner and snacks. Includes delicious midweek meal ideas.
Recent feedback –
‘This is a brilliant skills course. Josh has really enjoyed the cooking and we have enjoyed some very tasty meals. It is nice to be able to learn the skills at home and we have enjoyed being able to watch him develop. He has become so much more confident in the kitchen and in his school DT.
Thank you for an excellent course. I have recommended it to a few friends.’ JS by email 9/1/20.
Duration of class – 3 months. Cost £75 .
The price includes
- Recipes, evidence sheets and helpful tips emailed to you each week for the duration of 3 months; to comply with requirements of the award these need to be completed each week and recorded on evidence sheets with photographs.
- Each fortnight, 2 evidence sheets are emailed to us, checked and signed off by our assessor.
- At completion of the course you will be signed off and we complete your assessment online.
- Recipe portfolio may include dishes from main courses, baking, desserts and snacks – using skills to prepare from scratch. Can also include your favourite recipes!
- Advice on healthy choices for ingredients selection and substitution.
- 3 month period commences at your preference.
- Ingredients and equipment provided by the student.