SASSY STIRRERS COOKING CLUB
- aims to teach cookery skills in a fun and safe environment to children.
- aims to encourage children and adults to enjoy cooking, learn cooking skills, safety and hygiene and enable them to replicate recipes at home. A copy of the recipes used or designated for each session will be provided at the end of the session to take home. These resources are not to be reproduced for any commercial use or for any charge and the appearance of any provided resources are not to be altered or amended without prior written consent of Susan Carmichael.
SASSY STIRRERS COMMITMENT TO YOU
Sassy Stirrers will
- take overall responsibility for ensuring that the club follows appropriate health and safety, food safety and first aid procedures, in addition to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and correct financial procedures
- ensure that all adults assisting in the running or supervising of a cooking club are fully insured against all claims and liabilities that they may incur as a consequence of their involvement with the club
- ensure that the groups are run by one main teacher and depending upon group size and session length at least one other competent DBS checked adult helper.
- confirm bookings once full payment and a completed booking form are received. An email confirmation will then be sent, we are unable to take provisional bookings.
- include the following in your booking fee: ingredients, utensils, equipment, a selection of meals to take home, the use of aprons. The child will need to bring food containers for the items made.
- accept no liability for loss or damage to personal items whilst on site. You are advised to leave any valuable items at home.
- accept no responsibility to make all dishes/ recipes on the class plan. Due to the nature of the type of cooking, change in availability of ingredients and facilities available, there may be occasions when the menu may change.
- will contact the responsible adult for whom a telephone number has been left should any child behave in a way deemed to be dangerous or hazardous to other children or adults present without refund being provided
- will not accept any liability for any injury incurred or losses your child may suffer as a result of you attending Sassy Stirrers Cooking Club. This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
- For death or personal injury caused by our negligence
- Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987
- For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- Upon cancellation of any course being run by Sassy Stirrers Cooking Club will provide a suitable alternative course within a reasonable period of time or make a full refund to you. Occasionally it may be necessary to cancel a course if it is under subscribed.
- will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes, in particular (without limitation), the following:
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action.
- Civic commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
Sassy Stirrers obligations under the Contract are suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will extend the time to perform these obligations for the duration of that period. We will take reasonable steps to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract can be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
THE INDIVIDUAL, COMPANY OR ORGANISATION MAKING THE BOOKING AGREES
- that the person making the booking is over 18 and has parental responsibility or the ability and authority to make decisions regarding the child
- not to reproduce Sassy Stirrers Cooking Club resources or alter their appearance without written consent of any director/ principal of Sassy Stirrers Cooking Club. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which Sassy Stirrers Cooking Club will not accept liability.
- not to reproduce, copy or amend any logos and art work related to Sassy Stirrers Cooking Club.
- to advise us at the time of booking if your child has any specific medical or access requirements, diabetes, epilepsy, specific learning difficulties or any allergies. This information will be treated with the utmost discretion.
- neither you nor your child should attend Sassy Stirrers if you have suffered from any of the following symptoms within the previous 48 hours:
- Diarrhoea and / or vomiting
- neither you nor your child should attend Sassy Stirrers if you are suffering from any of the following symptoms on the day of your booking:
- A temperature of 100oF or higher
- Unusual spots or rashes on the skin, which may or may not include itching with a fever
- Sore throat with fever and swollen glands
- Headache or stiff neck, when accompanied by a temperature of 100oF
- Severe cough (sufferer gets red or blue in the face and makes a high-pitched whoop after cough)
- Eye discharge (thick mucus or pus from the eye, or pink eye)
- Yellowish skin or eyes
- The child is irritable, continuously crying, or requires more attention than we can provide without risking the health and safety of other children in our care.
You would be welcome to send someone in your place – please advise Sassy Stirrers as soon as possible if this is the case.
Sassy Stirrers Cooking Club reserves the right to cancel or change a course. In these circumstances we will normally arrange an alternative date and offer students either a transfer to this date or, if this date is not convenient, an alternative course. If neither is possible a full refund will be offered.
Refunds and transfers
We are unable to offer any refunds should you decide to cancel or are unable to attend your course.
In exceptional circumstances, students who are unable to attend may transfer to another course if they or Sassy Stirrers Cooking Club is able to re-sell their original place to another student. This transfer is solely at the discretion of the Course Coordinator and will incur a £10 administration fee.
No transfer will be offered if the following circumstances apply:
- a course booking is cancelled within 2 weeks of the course date (unless a waiting list for the course exists and the place can be re-sold at short notice);
- students are unable to attend a course due to changes in personal circumstances;
- students are unable to attend a course due to travel problems caused by unfavourable weather or cancellations by travel operators;
Materials and equipment
- Sassy Stirrers Cooking Club will provide all edible materials for the class, unless otherwise stated.
- Most essential equipment is available on loan. Students are requested to ensure all equipment is returned in good condition at the end of the course.
Sassy Stirrers Cooking Club advises all students to wear comfortable, practical clothing and shoes. Students are asked to wear flat, non-slip shoes, as the flooring can become slippery when wet.
At Sassy Stirrers Cooking Club we sometimes take photographs of students participating in our courses to use in promotional material. This may involve using the images on our website, in our publications or in other media. We will not use your name or give out any personal information. If you are NOT happy for us to use your image in future school publicity, please tick the appropriate box on the online booking form. If you give your consent, please leave it blank.
Liquid refreshments will be available throughout the day and lunch will be provided when stated on the booking page.
Special dietary requirements:
The person who completes the booking of any class must advise Sassy Stirrers Cooking Club at the time of booking of any special dietary requirements, food allergies or religious beliefs that may affect their eating behaviour. Sassy Stirrers Cooking Club will try to accommodate course content for special dietary requirements, where possible, to enable students to take part in the course. Please advise Sassy Stirrers Cooking Club of any special dietary needs when making a booking to discuss ingredients used in the kitchen – please phone 07789 792 676.
Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use which are set out on our website on the booking page and govern Sassy Stirrers relationship with you in relation to this website/ social media.
- The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither Sassy Stirrers nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials provided on this website for any particular purpose. Sassy Stirrers do not accept any liability for any inaccuracies or errors with this site or information and materials provided on this site.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which Sassy Stirrers will not accept liability.
- All logos and art work related to the name of the company Sassy Stirrers is not to be reproduced or copied or amended in any way.
- Any reference made to any other websites, companies or products do not signify that Sassy Stirrers endorse the website or products and is purely a matter of personal opinion.